Who we are
Our website address is: https://stphilipslutherandet.org. St. Philip’s Evangelical Lutheran Church of Detroit is a church located in the North End of Detroit, Michigan. We focus on the belief that we are ave by God’s grace alone and that the bread and wine of communion are literally the blood and body of Jesus Christ.
We are a part of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS) which is a Lutheran denomination in the United States.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal data as defined by applicable data protection legislation (‘personal information’).
We collect information about:
- Service users and beneficiaries;
- Donors and supporters;
- Service providers and contractors;
- Media contacts;
- Donation history;
- Correspondence; and
- Information about what level of support might be appropriate for us to ask you for.
- The personal information we collect might include name, date of birth, email address, postal address, photographs, payment details and telephone numbers.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Data entered in our contact forms are used by the church only. We do not sell your information to a third-party. We do however, add your information to our mailing list for newsletters, news, and events notifications. By using this site and submitting your information on one of these forms, you are granting us permission to use your information for our newsletter lists, news, and events.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
More detailed information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Our website using tools such as Google Analytics and Google Ad Sense which works with the site that using cookies and web beacons to deliver information and target ads.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
St. Philip’s Evangelical Lutheran Church of Detroit
2884 East Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202
How we protect your data
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. .
We use a secure service when you make a donation through our website, via a virtual gateway operated by PayPal and/or Give Forms. Our online payment system is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard compliant.
You should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features such as encryption to try to prevent unauthorized access.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Current data breach practices that the organization has in place are:
- Limiting the access to equipment that stores personal information.
- Using password protection on devices, and software.
- Restrict computer usage to personnel of the organization.
- Physical records that contain private information are secured under lock and key.
What third parties we receive data from
We may disclose your Personally and non-Personally Identifiable Information to any of our employees, leaders, insurers, professional advisers, subcontractors or to any member of our group of companies as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
In addition, we may disclose your Personally and Non-personally Identifiable Information to:
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers (such as MailChimp, SiteGround, WordPress, and associated plugins) to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing the Website and related services, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, information technology and related infrastructure provision, email delivery, and other services.
- Third-Party Vendors. St. Philip’s uses third-party vendors (such as Google Analytics) to analyze how users use the St. Philip’s Services. St. Philip’s may use anonymous and aggregated data collected by St. Philip’s itself or by such third parties on behalf of St. Philip’s to track and examine the use of the St. Philip’s Services, to create statistics and reports for various business purposes, and to aggregate such anonymous data and share it with St. Philip’s advertisers, service providers or business partners in order to offer you potentially desirable products and services; however, such data will not include information that enables such third parties to identify you individually without your information. The Personally Identifiable Information compiled in our registration and subscription databases will not be shared with any marketing firms or other third parties (other than those providing services to St. Philip’s and that are restricted to using such information on behalf of St. Philip’s and solely as and to the extent necessary to provide such services to St. Philip’s ) without the express consent of the registrant or subscriber.